Split your scripts into multiple files
Link to split-your-scripts-into-multiple-files
It is a good idea to split your script into multiple files
Link to problem
- When writing scripts for bigger modpacks, your script might soon become pretty long and confusing.
- Debugging a long script might take really long, especially if you have an error that doesn't point out a specific line in your script.
What we know/need to know
Link to what-we-knowneed-to-know
- CraftTweaker can load files from multiple script files.
- CraftTweaker can even load files in subfolders.
- Also, CraftTweaker can load .zip files that contain .zs scripts inside them, as long as the .zip file is not password protected.
Link to solution
- Split your large scripts into multiple smaller ones.
- You could for example create one script for each mod, or each mod handler.
Link to beispiel
scripts thermalExpansion Compactor.zs Crucible.zs Vanilla Recipes Remove.zs Shaped.zs Shapeless.zs Seeds.zs oreDict.zs
Link to advantages
- Your script files become easier to debug.
- An error won't stop your whole script from working but instead only a small part of it.
- People checking your script files can easier orient themselves
Link to disadvantages
- You need to be careful with the loading order of the scripts (especially if one script removes a recipe and another one adds it). Check the Priority Preprocessor if your script loading order is a problem
- There are many ways to categorize your scripts after and yours may be confusing for outsiders.